At least once a week, we encounter a new business lead that, despite being a perfect fit for us, chooses not to work with us. For a while, I chalked this phenomenon up to us not making a good enough pitch. While this may be true to a certain extent, I have also begun to realize that these lost leads all have something in common: The owner thinks they can do it themselves.
Sometimes the owner is, in fact, very talented in web design, graphic design, or social media. More often than not, however, their skills are just adequate and, as a result, they don’t realize the intricacies involved in these areas. Below are a few comparisons I’ve begun to share with these leads, and further down is the reason I can’t stress enough how important it is to work with professionals.
- You wake up one day and there is sewage coming through your floor boards. Would you start to rip up the floor and try to fix the problem yourself, or would you call a plumber?
- Do you buy a car from a dealer, or do you buy all the pieces and try to build one yourself?
- If that car won’t go in reverse anymore, do you start taking the transmission apart, or do you take it to a mechanic?
- Do you create your own tuxedo for your wedding, or do you buy one?
- How much of the furniture in your home is handmade by you?
Just as building and repairing a car, designing clothes, and making furniture are all unique skills, so are the services we offer to clients.
Social Media Management
Effective social media content consists of more than just pictures of your product or office posted on Facebook throughout the day. Following are just a few of the key elements that go into a social media campaign.
- Cost per customer acquisition
- How much money do you have to spend on social media to acquire one customer? Which social media platform is giving you the most affordable rates? Do you know how to calculate this cost?
- Cost per engagement
- Are you looking to boost engagement on your Facebook page? What does it cost you per engagement? Do you know how to calculate this cost? If you spend $100, how much engagement can you expect to see as a result?
- Selection of correct social media platform
- Are you selling items on a local level in a small town? Chances are, most of the people you want to reach won’t be on Twitter. Trying to sell handmade items nationally? Maybe Etsy is your best option, and your LinkedIn posts are simply wasting your time. You need to be able to identify which social media platform(s) are going to serve your business the best.
- A/B Testing
- Are you running social media ads? How many different versions of your advertisement are you running? If your answer is one, then we have a problem. A/B testing is an important method for determining the most effective marketing strategies.
- Cost per conversion
- Similar to cost per customer acquisition, it’s important to know how much advertising capital you need to spend per conversion.
Just as effective social media management consists of more than just random photos and updates online, so does web design consist of more than just pretty graphics and text. Instead, effective web design involves many elements that must all work together. Following are just a few pieces of an effective web design:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Do you know how to get your website in top spots in the search results? Understanding and using keywords, creating a mobile-friendly website design, and creating effective site structures are just a few of the steps you need to take to make your website look good for search engines.
- Google Analytics
- Can you figure out how many people are visiting your site and what they are doing while they are there? If you want to know how successful your site is and get ideas for improving it, you need to be using Google Analytics to track your website activity.
- Long Tail SEO
- Did you know that longer, more specific search terms work better than broader and shorter keywords? Identifying the best long tail keywords to use on your website is essential if you are to attract the best possible prospects to your business.
- Conversion Tracking
- Do you know how to track the number of people who make purchases, sign up for emails, download your apps, and engage in other ways on your website? Being able to track your conversions is important for finding out whether your web design is working or not.
- A/B Testing
- Just as it is important to run more than one social media ad at a time so you can track which one is the most effective, it is also important to test different website designs so you can select the best one. A/B testing lets you tweak your web design into the most effective look possible for your business.
- Links from other websites to your web pages tell search engines how important your website content is. Plus, they are a great way to get more people to visit your site. Knowing how to encourage the growth of backlinks can help your website design flourish.
- Did you know that slow web pages discourage visitors from staying on your site, and can hurt your SEO efforts? Do you know how to maximize the speed of your page loads? Effective web design is not only beautiful but also loads efficiently to get visitors to your content more quickly.
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Webmaster Tools, also known as the Google Search Console, allows you to more effectively manage your visibility in Google’s search results. From allowing you to submit new content for indexing to allowing you to see how your content is performing in the search results, this service helps you to maintain the most effective website possible.
It may be tempting to forego professional assistance in order to manage your own online presence. Yet, the number one reason that you should work with professionals is because it will be more effective for you in the long run. With their expert handling of all the intricacies of web design, graphic design, social media, and more, you can enjoy an online presence that is more visible, more appealing, and ultimately, more profitable.
[facebook-reviews-pro page_name=’Distinct Web Design’ page_id=359083070954467 page_access_token=EAAVVPjFKgSEBADVRhbfrQCEX8LbUEexjZCLvGy2K3PmBP9FFiF4f7n6HmUpo12sOeT1roi6juGZA1uMHZBxoqwrtr12s6veIq6ZBNjiR0lc5E6fZC0v0NSDC1f3IfYr1u8MVbNxxQ0YrDQBlukN5zCQDVu8ZAZB2ZAnaRwfsckIwEwZDZD rating_snippet=true min_filter=5 dark_theme=true view_mode=slider open_link=true nofollow_link=true lazy_load_img=true cache=24][facebook-reviews-pro page_name=’Distinct Web Design’ page_id=359083070954467 page_access_token=EAAVVPjFKgSEBADVRhbfrQCEX8LbUEexjZCLvGy2K3PmBP9FFiF4f7n6HmUpo12sOeT1roi6juGZA1uMHZBxoqwrtr12s6veIq6ZBNjiR0lc5E6fZC0v0NSDC1f3IfYr1u8MVbNxxQ0YrDQBlukN5zCQDVu8ZAZB2ZAnaRwfsckIwEwZDZD rating_snippet=true min_filter=5 dark_theme=true view_mode=badge_left open_link=true nofollow_link=true hide_float_badge=true lazy_load_img=true cache=24]
[google-reviews-pro place_name=’Distinct Web Design’ place_id=ChIJa58jxazfbIgRzbW-OBkcTeA min_filter=5 hide_photo=true disable_user_link=true dark_theme=true view_mode=slider lazy_load_img=true][google-reviews-pro place_name=’Distinct Web Design’ place_id=ChIJa58jxazfbIgRzbW-OBkcTeA min_filter=5 hide_photo=true disable_user_link=true dark_theme=true view_mode=badge hide_float_badge=true lazy_load_img=true]